2. The Website This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users during and throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK laws and requirements for user privacy.
3.2 When you access SmartDNS.com, your computer automatically sends us information such as the URL on our site you have visited, your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your request. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
3.3 Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
4. Contact & Communication Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
If you contact us via email, your details and a history of the communication will be stored by us in order for us to deal with enquiries adequately and improve our customer support services.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted.
5. Email Newsletter This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website and/or our partners. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so, but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties, nor are they shared with companies or people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will be listed.
6. External Links Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. By clicking on any of these links, you are leaving the SmartDNS.com website. SmartDNS.com has no control over the information collected by any third party after you have left the www.SmartDNS.com website. SmartDNS.com encourages you to read their privacy policies.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
7. Sponsored Links This website may contain sponsored links and/or advertising. These will typically be served through our advertising partners; to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
8. Social Media Platforms Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
9. Protecting your Information This website uses a secure server cluster situated in a secure data center to protect all the information you provide us with. We have invested heavily in equipment and highly qualified staff to ensure all information you enter is protected from access by any third party and only necessary and restricted access is available internally. We also protect all our connections to the Internet using various security measures including firewalls and regular security audits on all our servers.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you may contact us here.